This blog is for all things related to The New York Jets. I started this blog to share my thoughts on the Jets as well as post any significant news and speculation on the team. Expect updates several times each day. I will respond to all questions and comments, so please don't hesitate to leave any. You can follow me on twitter @NYJets32

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Kerry Rhodes traded to Arizona

So as my last blog stated, there were rumors that S Kerry Rhodes may be involved in a trade with the Arizona Cardinals. However, about 20 minutes after my blog, Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum stated that Rhodes would remain on the Jets and receive his roster bonus. Since when did I start trusting what Tannenbaum and Rex said? Anyway, Rhodes was traded to the Cardinals for a 2010 4th rounder and a 2011 7th rounder. It seems like the Jets were asking for a 3rd, but ended up settling for the two later picks. Remember, Arizona made the playoffs last year so the 4th round pick will be late in the round, I believe 26th.

Now the Jets have an obvious need at safety opposite of Jim Leonhard. Eric Smith can help out in run support, but I don't want him matched up 1-on-1 with Dallas Clark. Look for the Jets to sign or pick up a safety before the draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment